Registration Now Open!
Cost: $40 plus HST, subsidies available.
Hosted by EnviroCentre in partnership with the Healthy Transportation Coalition.
Join us as we bring together residents, community leaders and professionals to create a platform where different interests can work together in bringing equity to the forefront of transportation planning in Ottawa.
The half-day event will feature:
- Opening Panel: Understanding Equity and How This Relates to Sustainable Transportation
- Breakout Session One- Barriers to an Equitable Transportation System
- What are the barriers and how can we address them; Dr. Adonia Lugo, Urban Anthropologist and Professor at Antioch and California State Universities (via skype)
· Breakout Session Two - Building Equity into Sustainable Transportation Planning
- How to Apply the Equity Lens When Planning; Suzanne Doerge, Director, City for All Women Initiative
- Built Form and it’s Relation to Equity; Orly Linovski Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of City Planning, University of Manitoba
- What’s Next for Complete Streets; Nelson Edwards, Senior Project Manager, Transportation Planning Branch, City of Ottawa
· Presentation- Living in the Built Environment; Inge Roosendaal, Program Development Officer, Ottawa Public Health
· Group Activity- Join a creative discussion to help identify and prioritize practical steps toward transportation equity solutions in Ottawa.
· Networking Lunch
Click to View Summit Draft Agenda
If you have any questions please contact EnviroCentre by email at email@example.com or by phone at 613-656-0100 ext. 104