Please note, there is an application process to participate in this training. Application link can be found at the end of the message below.
This training is sponsored by City for All Women Initiative (CAWI) in partnership with the Ottawa Righting Relations Circle. The Ottawa Circle is part of the national network of Righting Relations – a women led, Pan-Canadian network of community educators working together to strengthen our capacity to work critically, creatively and collectively with marginalized communities for radical social change.
This training will be offered in English, with bilingual handouts.
- receive CAWI’s Community Facilitation Guide
- be oriented and invited to the work of Ottawa Righting Relation Circle
By the end of the training, participants will:
- be able to apply the theory and methodology of inclusive, participatory education and facilitation
- identify and apply the elements and practices of inclusive facilitation with an emphasis on working across diversity to create equitable spaces
- have the tools for promoting positive group process and for dealing with difficult group dynamics
- receive a certificate upon completion of the two full day inclusive facilitation training
Priority will be given to:
- women and those who self-identify as women;
- women who have experience as facilitators in their spaces of influence, i.e. work or communities; and
- women from equity groups, including women with disabilities, youth, Indigenous women, racialized women, individuals from the LGBTQ+ community, as well as women who have recently immigrated to Canada.
Up to 22 women will be selected using the following process:
- Completion of an application form expressing interests and experiences
- All applications will be reviewed by the training facilitation team to ensure diversity of participants (organizations/agencies, backgrounds, and facilitation experiences)
- In some cases, the facilitation team may follow-up with applicants via telephone or email for further questions
- CAWI does not have funding to cover the expenses of this training, we rely upon fees to help cover the costs
- Participants will pay fees based on a sliding scale from $400 to $800 depending on your or your organization’s ability to pay
- Limited number of fully subsidized spaces and partially subsidized spaces are available
- Child/family care will be covered for those who are qualified for fully subsidized training
Meet Our Facilitators
We thank the Catherine Donnelly Foundation for funding the work of the Ottawa Righting Relations Circle, which helps to make this facilitation work possible.